This is amazing, but I get the worst anxiety
Let us appreciate the fashion goddesses that are the Team Rocket Trio!
"girls are cute, women are beautiful"
BULLSHIT ALERT IM GONNA BE CUTE FOREVER KAWAII FROM THE WOMB TO THE TOMB
OMG THAT’S SO SCARY
I thought HE was going to be the one to hurt her
plot twist man
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
Oh my god
can you IMAGiNE walking in to something like this?
So my school put on a Silent Disco once, and it was one of the most hilarious experiences of my life. Admittedly it is probably slightly different in that everyone just downloaded a play list and we all tried to start them at the exact same second. But that didn’t work so we all danced to the music and it was fine, but like, people would start dancing crazy for sudden song dynamic shifts that you hadn’t gotten to yet, and just… it was hilarious.
But the best part really is taking your headphones off, especially during a song that everyone knows. Because everyone is singing and yelling to the song and without the music there, they sound like a bunch of drunk, yowling cats. It’s awful and hilarious.
The rest of the world doesn’t have silent discos?
Silent discos are amaaaaaazing. I went to one once and they handed out headphones that were connected to three different DJs, so you could just switch DJs whenever you wanted to. And it’s great because if you ever want to talk to someone you can just take your headphones off and there won’t be loud booming music.
oh my GOD
I CAN’T BELIEVE PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT SILENT DISCOS DOES THE REST OF THE WORLD LIVE UNDER A ROCK OR SOMETHING
My friend went to one when he was in England for like a month.
Do I smell a class fundraiser?
OH MY GOD WHY DON’T WE DO THIS
WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS
of course no one heard of silent discos. they’re silent
Silent! At the disco
i have a slight obsession with pakistani wedding dresses cos i mean
look at them
they’re like royalty
and all those little patterns
are beadwork and embroidery
i love my culture
because people are still asking that question
because women are payed less than men in approximately 99% of professions
because chris brown can still have a career after assaulting rihanna but miley cyrus takes her clothes off and there’s a huge scandal
because of this:
because currently it is estimated ten million more girls are out of education than boys (x)
because we’re expected to be mature but hairless like a child, in control but not bossy, sexy but not slutty and definitely not a prude, intelligent but not opinionated, independent but reliant on men, natural but look like the girl in the magazine etc etc
because being called a girl, a pussy or a bitch is an insult
because when i told my mum i refused to get anything less than a’s in my exams she told me it wasn’t ladylike to be so cocky
because my brother and 90% of my male friends think girls who wear revealing clothing are asking for rape
because every person who identifies as female should be allowed to choose if they want to get married, have kids, have a career, go to uni etc etc without expectations
because tampons and sanitary pads are stupidly expensive
because some people reading this will have flinched at the fact i just said ‘tampon’
because there are men out there whose job it is to make young girls feel like absolute shit about themselves just so they can sell the next best beauty product
because female masturbation isn’t considered normal whilst men can talk about their own penises for hours on end
because feminists are still seen as crazy lesbians who dont shave and some still feel like they have to defend themselves by claiming theyre not any of those things when in fact if i want to be a passionate lady who likes other ladies and cant be bothered to shave my legs every twenty minutes then thats my choice and if i want to be someone who wears make up and shaves and goes out partying then thats my choice and if i want to be a combination of the two or anything in between then thats. my. choice.
because i believe anyone who identifies as female is fucking badass and deserves the same rights as every privileged stuck up old white man sitting around and making laws about our bodies
because how can you not be
Can we talk about how Anne Hathaway’s husband Adam Shulman looks a bit like William Shakespeare… who had a wife named Anne Hathaway?
damn the illuminati’s not even trying anymore
I guess you could say that when Anne hath a Will, Anne Hathaway
okay I have to reblog for that pun